Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August 31rst

A lot has happened since my last post. My mom is still in the hospital. Her blood work was out of wack the morning they were thinking she might be released. She's had a lot of ups and downs, but fortunately, she keeps rebounding. Yesterday she had a heart issue where both her heart rate and blood pressure shot quite high. Why? Not sure, but no sign of stroke or heart attack. She's still extremely weak, but she has been up walking which is a great sign.

First week of post-surgery chemo. Done. I was thinking I was going to make it thru without any side effects but some nausea, but NO, couldn't be so lucky. My lips started feeling funny Thursday night and then by Friday, my mouth, throat, and skin were completely irritated and fatigue had set in big time. Went to see my chemo doc's nurse practitioner yesterday. I was put on an IV for fluids since I hadn't been drinking much. Liquids/food are difficult to swallow. Plus an IV with some sort of anti-nausea drug. Gotta say, the nausea is better, but it's going to take time to get the mouth, throat, and skin issue back to normal. I haven't done much since Friday except sleep and watch football plus a few movies. Watched "8 Men Out". Great movie. Thanks Gretchen for the suggestion! That is two for two! :-)

I'm feeling a bit bummed as I was feeling SO good, but I know this too shall pass. I keep reminding myself this post-surgery chemo is like insurance. You gotta have it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jenny--All I can say is, "This too shall pass"
    I will continue to pray for your mom and for you!
    I am sure you are asking WHY? It will become clear to you down the road--it always does!! Take it from someone that has endured lots of pain and sorrow in her 62 years--
    I love you--and I know I owe you a call--You know what time of year this is--I am totally snowed under!!! No excuse but is the case--
    God Bless you all--
    Sue

    ReplyDelete