Tuesday, October 5, 2010

October 5th

Once again, where does the time go? I cannot believe it is already October. Put out some Halloween decorations over the weekend. Soon it will be Thanksgiving and Christmas. I am doing ok. Hanging in there with my post-surgery chemo. This has been much more than I expected. I did so well with the pre-surgery chemo and was anticipating the same. I've been sick quite frequently, extremely tired, and my hair is now falling out. Doctor didn't expect for me to have as much hair loss as I'm having, but I'm definitely losing a lot. I cut off about 10 inches a couple weeks ago thinking it would help it look fuller. Not sure if it helped or not, but now my hair is right above my shoulders. I'm wearing lots of hats. Doc said hair should start coming back in about 6 weeks following my last chemo session. I have two more to go and should be finished right before Thanksgiving. Instead of "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth", it will be more like, "All I want for Christmas is my hair to grow back".

My mom is doing quite well. She's driving again, and as I can attest to, when you can start driving again, it's a good feeling because you regain some of your freedom. I'm so relieved she made it thru her ordeal without any lasting issues. She still gets tired easily, but with time, I think she'll recover completely.

Chiefs are 3-0. Only undefeated team in the NFL. Go Chiefs! Leaving for North Carolina on Thursday. Flying into Atlanta. Randy and I are meeting Sue (former colleague) for lunch, and then we are meeting some friends in Atlanta and driving onto NC from there. Have someone coming to watch the dogs and I hope all goes well with that. So excited for the weekend. Will be on the beach at least one full day. I'll be wrapped up from head to toe since my skin is so sensitive to the sun because of the chemo, but I'm so looking forward to just sitting under the umbrella/tent and watching the ocean. Randy's class reunion is this weekend and then his brother has his 2 Star General promotion ceremony the following week. Very exciting stuff!

I just heard that a classmate of mine's son was killed in a car wreck. So sad. Don't know any details, but this reminds me how quickly one's life can change. Live, live, live!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment