Thursday, October 21, 2010

October 21rst

Day 4 of round 3 of post surgery chemo... so far so good. I'm usually feeling some side effects by now but am only feeling a bit nauseous and still watching my hair fall out. I'm mortified by this hair thing. I've tried a couple wigs, and I can honestly say, I'm not a wig girl. They just don't do me any justice. I bought a really cute hat that has some bling on it so it's my mainstay. My doctor suggested I cut off what hair I have remaining, but I just can't do it.

Our trip to North Carolina was fantastic. Randy and I stopped on our way to NC in Atlanta to see Sue. That was great. Hadn't seen her in a year and a half. Good things never change. Then we were picked our by dear friends Tom and Kim in Atlanta and drove the rest of the way to Emerald Isle, NC. Lovely, lovely, lovely. We had beautiful weather, ate good food, drank a bit and just enjoyed life. I was sorry to see the trip end so soon. Luckily we are having some lovely fall weather here in KC. Randy is back in NC this week for his brother's promotion ceremony. He was promoted to a 2 Star General. Very exciting stuff.

Hope everyone is doing well. Love you all~

No comments:

Post a Comment