Sunday, November 14, 2010

November 14th

Well, as some of you know, my hair is gone... I'm bald. I wasn't sure how I'd handle this, but in all actuality, it's quite liberating. It is what it is, and I can't do anything about it. The wonderful thing about it is the cheering and support I've had from my circle of friends/family and other cancer patients and survivors. Randy and I were out to dinner last night, and I was approached by a woman who is a cancer survivor and she immediately recognized I was going thru treatment because of my hair (or lack of). She shared her story, and I was warmed by her positive spirit and well wishes. Then at Wal-mart this morning, I ran into a gal with similar hair who is going thru treatment and we shared our stories and well wishes with each other. I feel so loved, blessed, and am humbled by everyone's support and am shocked by how many people are affected by this crazy disease!

Tomorrow starts my last round of chemo and then I am done! I know I'll be chemo sick for a couple weeks following this week, but I am so excited to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I just pray daily that I never have to revisit this disease. It's been a crazy ride, but I survived. Wow... I can't believe it's almost over. I'll have to have PT scans and continue seeing my oncologist this next year, but no more treatments or chemo sickness. Hallelujah!

I'm so looking forward to December and enjoying the Christmas season. I hope everyone has a fabulous Thanksgiving. I know I have a lot to be thankful for and hope everyone struggling with everyday life can find some goodness in the craziness of it all. Love and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment